Our client is a healthcare start-up operating within a sub-sector of healthcare that is experiencing increasing demand. The company has the backing of a sophisticated investment firm with a successful track record of supporting high-growth enterprises.
We’re seeking a CFO who will roll up their sleeves and take a hands-on approach building out a scalable infrastructure; implementing controls, processes, and procedures to support the company as it grows. Reporting directly to the CEO and being part of a small executive team, this individual will have a major impact on the overall business.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a rapidly scaling healthcare provider business and will possess a blend of technical accounting expertise coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit and an interest and aptitude for strategy and operations.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for providing leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the company.
● Manage the company’s financial operations, including accounting, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
● Prior experience growing a team in a startup environment.
● Build and maintain robust operating and financial models; oversee annual budgets, track performance against forecast.
● Contract review, assessment and development
● Develop finance policy and procedures, Implement and maintain operational best practices.
● Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
● Develop effective internal controls for key processes.
● Build the finance team and create a high-performing culture that is seen as a strength of the company.
● Assist the CEO in the development of long and short-range strategic business plans.
● Analyst, identify, and report trends and potential business opportunities and make recommendations.
● Direct the preparation of internal financial reports and supervise the annual and or regulatory financial audit.
● Prepare ad-hoc analysis as required by the CEO.
● Responsible for timely direction and submission of all financial reports required by government and other regulatory agencies.
● Provide business support for contract negotiations.
● Maintain banking relationships.
● Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and governmental agencies.
● Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or Master’s Degree preferred.
● A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in healthcare is required.
● Minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization is required.
● Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
● Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
This position will offer a highly competitive compensation package.
● Health, Wellness & Fitness
● Medical Practice
● Hospital& Health Care
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Please, e-mail your résumé along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org