Senior Software Engineer - Posted 5/4/2021
We are looking for a full stack engineer to help us build and expand our products in healthcare analytics, bioinformatics, and infectious disease tracking. This is a high-impact role that influences our growth and future.
The position is remote where you can work anywhere from within the U.S. or Canada. As an engineer on our team, you’ll build the products and technology that enables our customers to get insights, analytics and productivity that result in safe, high quality care for patients. You’ll do much more than just write code – you’ll be an integral part of the entire product development process, from ideation through delivery and iteration. In collaboration with stakeholders across clinical customers, R&D and sales, your work will impact the lives of patients all across the country. At this position, you will build technology to help turn physicians and nurses into better healthcare professionals and power them with knowledge to make better decisions.
What you will do:
- Draw from previous experience building highly scalable systems to influence and steer improvements within our distributed Engineering team.
- Build across the full stack from the back-end, to APIs to small parts of the front end to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Design and build large-scale, distributed, highly available, well-tested, and easily managed applications.
- Create and manage new applications to power new product initiatives and iterate on web applications within our existing products and technology stack.
- Work collaboratively with people throughout the company to understand the goals, needs, and priorities of systems and applications.
What you bring to the team
- 6+ years of engineering experience with a good understanding of how to design robust and scalable services.
- A solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code in a modern programming language.
- Familiarity with relevant tools and technologies and have a drive to stay up to date with ongoing changes and advancements.
- Clear communication around technical concepts and ideas to other engineers and the ability to talk to customers and other teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in healthcare informatics product management preferred.
- Startup experience (juggling priorities, fast paced environment, self-starter).
- Familiar with HIPAA and healthcare.
- Experience with Java/C#, Ember, React, Python and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Implementing, migrating, and supporting application stacks to/in containers/server-less technologies.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Please, e-mail your résumé along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org