New Careers: DWGAS - Chief Nursing Officer
Chief Nursing Officer
Responsibilities The Chief Nursing Officer provides strategic leadership as the senior executive position responsible for all nursing and other designated patient care functions and services within the hospital organization. The role assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating nursing practice on a facility level. The role assumes 24/7 responsibility and has accountability to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care. The Chief Nursing Officer represents nursing concerns on the governing board and at medical staff leadership meetings. Qualifications
· Active and current professional registered nurse licensed in the state in which he or she practices is required.
· An academic degree in nursing is required, and a postgraduate degree in nursing or related field (may include health care administration or business administration) or a written plan with specified timelines to obtain a postgraduate degree is required.
· Current BLS (AHA) certificate and maintain current.
· At least five years of progressive management experience in a facility environment, as a Nursing Director of multiple, complex nursing departments.
· Minimum of two (2) years previous leadership or administrative experience required.
· Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
· Proven leadership ability and facility operational expertise.
· Ability to serve as role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing.
· An individual able to effectively and efficiently organize patient care promoting optimal outcomes, patient safety, and patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
· An individual with proven success recruiting, retaining and developing staff. Someone effective in mentoring and developing staff, encouraging professional growth and achievement.
· Takes the lead in complying with regulatory standards, rules and laws.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
· Health, Wellness & Fitness
· Medical Practice
· Hospital & Health Care
· Health Care Provider
Please, send résumé to Sonia Clark with subject "CFO Healthcare Position"